1. Lyla Foy – “Impossible”
2. The Rolling Stones – “Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)”
3. Donnie Iris – “Ah! Leah!”
4. Nada Surf – “Blonde On Blonde”
5. Timber Timbre – “Hot Dreams”
6. Bruce Springsteen – “Land Of Hope and Dreams”
7. Langhorne Slim & The Law – “Changes”
8. Youth Lagoon – “Highway Patrol Sun Gun”
9. Sibylle Baier – “Colour Green”
10. Among Savages – “New York City”
11. Jefferson Starship – “Jane”
12. Apanhador Só – “Mordido”
13. Gabor Szabo – “Love Is Blue”
14. One Direction – “Little Black Dress”
15. Beach Slang – “Bad Art & Weirdo Ideas”
16. Carly Rae Jepsen – “Gimmie Love”
17. Beach House – “Sparks”
18. Mac Demarco – “Another One”
19. Arbes – “Key Largo”
20. Small Black – “No One Wants It to Happen to You”
Am I an idiot for thinking that I can only pick 100 songs to share with y’all and not feel guilty about all the other music that I’m leaving out? Is this list completely bias? Am I brain-dead from trying to write about why I love every single song on this list?
The answer is yes.
Reminder: this is a list of MY FAVORITE songs of the decade, not THE GREATEST songs of the decade. There is a key difference. Same rules apply to this list as they did for my favorite albums of the decade so far.
Also make sure to check out the spotify playlist with all these songs at the end of this list.
Alright, let’s begin.
Here they are, in no particular order, a Spotify playlist of all my favorite songs of 2013.
And we’re in the home stretch for 2013! This month’s playlist is more focused on past great music with the exception of Blood Orange and a better-than-I-would-ever-like-to-admit One Direction song.
Here are your 20 songs for November 2013.
Last night I made the conscious decision to miss the 2013 MTV VMAs. It was not out of despite for the award show (in fact this year had plenty of great music videos) but I had a commitment to another major event that I just couldn’t get out of (*cough* Breaking Bad *cough*).
I do not regret my decision, but after looking at all the various headlines from last night I realized that I missed a pretty good VMAs. Now keep in mind that a good VMA show means that it’s still the VMAs, so there were still plenty of cringe-tastic moments (most of them having to do with Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift). But in 2013 there were a few redeeming performances and news. Here’s some that I could find.
Kanye West performed “Blood On The Leaves”, and it was incredible.
One Direction won Song of the Summer (but the best part was Vampire Weekend introducing them).
Lady Gaga can still rock a good live show…
…but now we know that Katy Perry can too.
Eminem will release a new album this November produced by Rick Rubin and Dr. Dre.
The NYSNC reunion lasted exactly one minute and twenty seconds. But it was still great.
Every ten seconds the camera would focus on Taylor Swift to watch her awkwardly dance.
And Miley Cyrus has a problem.
AND THAT’S IT FOLKS
Oh, and Daft Punk didn’t perform, but their presentation of Taylor Swift’s award will still be talked about for a month. That’s Daft Punk for ya.